Immigration lawyers have always agreed with the fact that Canada has become one of the most favorable destinations for immigrants. Its high standards of work opportunities and living further have so far attracted a large number of people from all over the world.
However, recently, Canada Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has introduced important changes in their visa procedures for temporary migrants and permanent. The types of visas concerned by these changes include temporary foreign workers and skilled workers. Moreover, some common law for sponsorship is important for migrating to Canada legally.
Image Source: Google
Temporary Foreign Workers:
Recently, foreign workers have faced many cases of exploitation in the workplace due to which other immigrants have become a little hesitant to come to Canada. This in turn pressure the Canadian government to take crucial measures to encourage the influx of immigrants. So to protect the interests of migrants, the ICC announced the following changes to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program:
- Employers must also prove that the past record with the foreign staff they hired was good.
- If a manhandling case is registered against an employer then the government can prohibit him/her to hire foreign workers for 2 years or more.
- Employers who can not offer employment to temporary foreign workers must give their information and justification for Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Some changes were made to the skilled worker program of the federal component too. These changes are proposed to the needs and objectives of the economy and Canadian society. Here are some changes that have been proposed by CIC in this program:
- CIC has proposed to increase the minimum score in the language category from 16 to 20.
- For applicants who are 25-34, the number of points has been increased 10 to 12 while keeping in mind factors like adaptability.
- CIC has also reduced the number of years of study for people who want to go in the trading line.
- The maximum working experience points have been reduced from 21 to only 15.