Find and meet the right lawyer can seem daunting, especially for someone who has never hired a lawyer auto.
So how do you go about finding the best car accident lawyer to handle your case? I suggest you do the following:
• Start by talking with family, friends and co-workers to see if they knew was involved in a car accident lawsuit. Ask them about their experience and if they would recommend their auto lawyers.
• Search the Internet for a local attorney who specializes in car accidents. Reviewing their Web sites for professional advice and a solid track record in the case. Beware of advertising materials and websites that contain self-proclaimed support, such as 'the best, top, leading,' which can not be supported by facts or verified by a recognized third party.
• Avoid Yellow Pages: The best car accident lawyer should not advertise heavily, they get new clients from positive word of mouth or from the direction of another lawyer. You can find personal injury lawyers in kingscliff.
Once you have identified some potential auto lawyers, do some research before contacting their office:
• Look for third party verification of law firms and lawyers to check the reputation of the legal publications, such as Michigan Lawyers Weekly, for any positive or negative publicity about the lawyer or the cases he has handled.
• Contact the State Bar of Michigan and Martindale-Hubbell, or visit Web sites to find out whether the attorney is in good standing. The Martindale-Hubbell AV rating is the highest for ability and ethics laws, although very few lawyers Michigan and law firms have been awarded this top rating.