Personal injury refers to an injury to your body, emotions or mind but not to your property. For example, if you fall at a grocery store wearing a banana peel, personal injury will refer to your physical damage, which is a bruise or broken leg but not to the damage to your watch.
Personal Injury Laws are basically legal cases in which a company or person is expelled by another person for compensation to cover mental and physical damage. You can browse augerlaw.com/personal-injury-lawyer/north-carolina/charlotte for more information.
There are five types of injury cases, such as:
1. Body Injury – Injury to the victim is due to the behavior of another person, company or property owner.
Image Source: Google
2. Injury due to Reputation – This refers to a situation where the plaintiff's reputation has suffered a loss and it causes actual economic or physical damage.
3. Product Liability – This refers to injury due to the assembly or design of a product. This includes breach of warranty which is the seller's failure to fulfill the conditions of the promise or make false claims about the type or quality of the product.
4. Economic Injury – In some cases, personal injury caused by economic damage such as someone negligence can reduce the value of your property and this is considered an economic injury.
5. Accidental Injury – In this case, the injury is done intentionally and usually, batteries and attacks are under this classification.
Personal injury attorneys can assist you in filing a lawsuit depending on whether the injury was intentional, intentional or the result of the wrong product. Because your goal and the defendant's insurance company is to make money, an experienced lawyer is needed. They will not only help you in building your case in a strong way but will negotiate with insurance companies, on your behalf.